Thursday 30 April 2015

7/100 Tangail from Bengal

7/100

#100sareepact 

Don't you love it when you find sarees in your wardrobe that you had forgotten? And then you don't recall how you landed up with that particular saree in the first place. 

The saree I draped today falls in that category. It is a rich onion coloured tangail saree with beautiful turquoise and gold border. My mom too couldn't remember when or where we bought that particular saree. Maybe some exhibition or so.
I had draped it couple of times before today. I accessorised it with a turquoise bracelet and eardrops, set in silver which I had bought in Jaipur in 2007. That neck-piece in multicoloured beads is from a colleague. Thanks Sunita....:)

I look forward to my saree days each night, when I select my saree for the next day. My love for saree has revived and also inspiring a few of my colleagues.They have started draping sarees along with me. Six more days before summer vacations begin. However, I will keep finding reasons to drape a saree one way or the other....:D

Nowadays, I keep asking people to take my photographs. I am no good taking a selfie.







No comments:

Post a Comment