Thursday 25 June 2015

21/100 Kalamkari block printed Saree

21/100
How does one write about meeting school friends after 32+ years? All of us passed out from Lady Irwin School, Delhi. And that single fact has helped in bonding us. It hardly matters who was in Science and who was in Humanities. I don't even remember. My memory is about the good times we had in school, the reading of M&Bs in the classes, the sport activities and our teachers.
It felt good to know that all of us are doing well in our chosen fields. And it felt even better to know that the next generation is doing well too....
I draped a saree and was the only one doing so. This is a Kalamkari cotton recently bought from Nalli. Very soft and easy to drape. I paired with a khadi blouse and earrings bought from a flea market.
Of course we took pictures, the grp photos and my individual saree photo.
Best part of todays meeting is that it happened in two parts. First in Sidewok, CP with seven of us, Meeta, Sanjukta, TanujaRituDivya, Jyotsna, and moi. So good to meet you, friends!
After we parted, I and Ritu Venkatesh sat on the stairs of Rajiv Chowk metro station just catching up. Ushvinder had not been able to make it to Sidewok. She called me to check if I could meet her. I told her I was with Ritu. Then. Ushi turned up and we three went to KFC and were there till 6 45 pm. I must mention here that Ushi too was in a saree. It was the first time I saw her in a saree, looking so pretty.
Even the weather was kind. It rained!! Jyothi, thanks for sending it from Mumbai!





No comments:

Post a Comment