Sunday 11 October 2015

53/100: Repeating Kargil Saree

53/100


When I woke up in the morning, my first thought was to visit the Sri Jagannath Temple in Hauz Khas. Before I could even voice it to my mom, she got a call from my brother asking her if we would like to visit the temple with them. My mom agreed without even asking me. What do you call it, ESP? From all involved?

We reached well in time for the Darshan and the subsequent Bhog. It being the last day of Pitrishraadh, the temple was crowded. Yet there was no chaos and it was pleasure to go there with my brother and his family.

And it was another opportunity to drape a saree. I repeated this Kargil saree but tying it differently. I made a knot of the aanchal on my left shoulder and my hands were free. I repeated the same Ikat blousethat I had worn with this saree. Come to think of it, my mom too repeated the same saree that she had draped when I had draped the Kargil saree. My SIL was dressed in a Sambalpuri Salwar suit. Ethnic, are we?






No comments:

Post a Comment