Tuesday 3 November 2015

63/100: Maheshwari Bagh Printed Saree

63/100

#100sareepact

National Museum has always fascinated me. I have visited it pretty often.

When I was in college, I had heard about the Art Appreciation course offered by National Museum. I always wanted to do it. Somehow all through my college and Univ days, it did not materialise.

When I started teaching, I didn't give it much thought. However, it was there in the back of my mind. One day, I was conversing with one of my colleagues, Nity Sharma and I told her about this wish about doing the Art Appreciation course, somd day.

It was July 2007. She told me that her husband was the registrar of National Museum and admissions were open for the batch starting in Aug. At her behest, I went the same day, filled the form, deposited the fees and voila, started attending the course from August. It was once a week, every Thursday, at 5 30 pm. It went on till mid Dec.

I had to submit four assignments too, which I enjoyed doing. I learnt about Indian art.......ancient, mediaeval and modern, Japanese, Chinese, European and lot more. 

We were also served tea and snacks each day. Best part was meeting people from all walks of society, students, journalists, foreigners, politicians etc. I still have last lasting friendship with some.

Well, now I have Certificate in Art Appreciation from National Museum. It sounds good, doesn't it?!

My saree? Maheshwari cotton with Bagh block prints. I had bought it for maa but it came back to me. I have paired it with a Gold bordered maroon handloom blouse bought from Nalli.

Hope all appreciate the art of my saree and the blouse.....:P


No comments:

Post a Comment