Friday 20 November 2015

71/100: Art Silk Beige Saree with peacock motifs

71/100

#100sareepact #maakisaree 

My love for Sambalpuri ikats comes from my maa. She owns a lot of such stuff and she has gifted me a lot of the stuff......sarees, dress materials, dupattas and handkerchiefs. 

I have seldom looked for ikats from other states. My world started with Sambalpuris and I was happily going about it. It is not that I did not own pochampallis or patolas. I just did not think much about those. 

Then came this saree pact. I got to know about it from one of my close friends who lives in Florida. He sent me a link about this in late April. And the rest they say is history! Ally Matthan and Anju Maudgal Kadam brought in that change which maa hadn't been able to do. I got out all my sarees and hers as well, bought a lot too and started draping those with mixing and matching blouses. 

Learnt about weaves, about different kind of drapes, and most important made friends through this pact. I also met a few saree pacters who became friends for life. Need I say more?

Bonding through sarees......now that is amazing in this day and age of so called convenient wear....

My jeans and capris are languishing.....

Today I draped maa's saree. An Art silk gifted to her by my second SIL. The pallu and border have peacock motifs. And body has hand embroidery. I am wearing the matching blouse of this saree. Very unusual for me.

Accessorized with cane earrings bought from Dilli Haat...




No comments:

Post a Comment