Thursday 26 November 2015

72/100: Sambalpuri Ikat Grey Brown Cotton Saree

72/100

#100sareepact

#maakisaree

After my dad passed away in 2002, Maa lost all interest in buying anything for herself. I and my SILs get her sarees all the time and she drapes those. Her siblings too gift her lots of sarees. Mostly they gift her Sambalpuris as they all live in Odisha. 

In the beginning of Nov, I and maa had visited Utkalika. She loved this saree as soon as she saw it and bought it. After 13 long years she bought a saree for herself. She did the fall and piko too, all by herself. Draped it for Diwali. 

Today, I borrowed it from her and draped it with this woollen blouse which also belongs to her. I don't know if it looks good or not but I was nicely warmed the whole time I was in school. Accessorised with Silver earrings from Fabindia.....

New saree, new memories.....all so good.......



1 comment:

  1. The grey high collar blouse gives you the confident outlook. The color grey is one of the colors related with royal outlook and the simple embroidery work makes it more elegant.
    The handcrafted blouse with the mirror work at the waist line will make you to choose this one as your favorite. The handloom woman top wear gives you the comfort of wearing as it is a cotton blouse with traditional hand work.
    This readymade blouse is available in many sizes and buying it online is an easy process. You will get your blouse within the stipulated time and don’t miss the happiness of wearing your favorite one. Buy this products in Svasa.Design

    ReplyDelete